The Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) Scholarship fund was established in collaboration with the EOA Emerging Leaders Institute and the EOA Foundation (EOAF). Since 2002, select EOA ELI cohorts have fundraised each year for student scholarships.
One award of $1,000 will be available in 2019. This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship. Each Chapter Scholarship Committee will select a semi-finalist for their respective chapter (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri/Kansas/Nebraska, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin).
The student applicant must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Be a current TRIO/EOP student within the EOA region and reside within the EOA region;
- Be enrolled in a two-year or four-year post-secondary institution for the upcoming academic year or anticipated enrollment for current high school seniors;
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale; and
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities in their community and/or advocacy efforts in their TRIO community.
The Nominator MUST be a current member of EOA at the time of the scholarship deadline.
The applicant must submit the following (PDF) materials in order for their application to be considered complete:
- Nomination Form (from TRIO/EOP professional - must be EOA member)
- Letter of Recommendation from Nominator
- Copy of unofficial academic transcript, including current semester schedule
- Signed Photo Release Form
- Student essay (double-spaced and not exceeding 2 pages) describing:
1. The impact of TRIO or educational opportunity program on your education and your plan to obtain your B.A.
2. How TRIO or educational opportunity program has impacted your leadership skills and abilities as well as how you plan to continue your leadership within your community and or TRIO/EOP community
3. Why the EOA Emerging Leaders Institute Scholarship is important to you
A digital headshot photo of applicant must also be on file with the Nominator in case student is a selected recipient.
NOTE: Applications must be completed in one session. Applicants are NOT able to save their progress and return to it later.
Click your Chapter link below to apply!
(Nominator must be an EOA member within that state Chapter in order for the applicant to be eligible.)
ILLINOIS: (Due March 29, 2019)
INDIANA: (Due March 29, 2019)