The Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) Scholarship fund was established in collaboration with the EOA Emerging Leaders Institute and the EOA Foundation (EOAF). Since 2002, select EOA ELI cohorts have fundraised each year for student scholarships. One student in the EOA region will be awarded $1000.00 toward their educational needs. Each Chapter Scholarship Committee will select a semi-finalist for their respective chapter. The EOA Scholarship Committee will have a panel of readers to select the finalist for the current year award.
One award of $1,000 to an EOA recipient. Each Chapter may select a semifinalist (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri/Kansas/Nebraska, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin). This is a one time, non-renewable scholarship.
The student applicant must meet the following criteria to apply:
1. Be a current TRIO/EOP student within the EOA region.
2. Be enrolled in a two-year or four-year post-secondary institution for the upcoming academic year or anticipated enrollment for current high school seniors;
3. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale; and
4. Demonstrate strong leadership abilities in their community and/or advocacy efforts in their TRIO community.
The nominator must be a current EOA member at the time of scholarship deadline. (Confirmed by Chapter Membership and Credentials Chair).
The Nominator MUST be a current member of EOA at the time of the scholarship deadline.
The applicant must submit the following (PDF) materials in order for their application to be considered complete:
- Nomination Form (from TRIO/EOP professional - must be EOA member)
- Letter of Recommendation from Nominator
- Copy of unofficial academic transcript, including current semester schedule
- Signed Photo Release Form and an uploaded headshot
- Student essay (double-spaced and not exceeding 2 pages) describing:
1. The impact of TRIO or educational opportunity program on your education.
2. How TRIO or educational opportunity program has impacted your leadership skills and abilities as well as how you plan to continue your leadership within your community and or TRIO/EOP ?
3. Why the EOA Emerging Leaders Institute Scholarship is important to you?
NOTE: Applications must be completed in one session. Applicants are NOT able to save their progress and return to it later. It is advised you prepare all application materials prior to applying as the system will time you out for inactivity and all progress will be lost and unrecoverable.
Click your Chapter link below to apply!
(Nominator must be an EOA member within that state Chapter in order for the applicant to be eligible.)
ILLINOIS: (Due March 2, 2020)
INDIANA: (Due March 2, 2020)