Girls in STEM Pre-College Conference
EOA invites you and your program participants to the 2017 EOA National Girls in STEM Conference on May 19-21, 2017 at Central Michigan University. Pre-college programs can nominate up to five students who have at least a 3.0 GPA and are interested in hands-on activities and learning about STEM majors and careers. Registration will be capped at 250 selected participants.
Please complete the application by March 31, 2017 in order to nominate your student. Notification of acceptance will be submitted by April 20th, 2017. Participants accepted should complete the registration and payment process by May 1, 2017.
(Please check back for further conference info and registration.)
DATE OF CONFERENCE: May 19-21, 2017
LOCATION: Central Michigan University
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 20, 2017
REGISTRATION: Opens in February and includes meals, lodging, and scheduled activities.
Throughout the conference girls will receive STEM exposure through the following:
- Hands-on activities in laboratory settings
- Education about majors, colleges, and careers
- Mentoring opportunities with college students, professors, and professional women
- Critical thinking and discussion exercises
- College campus and STEM facilities tours
- Discussion on current STEM issues
- STEM professionals and college student panel
- Concurrent sessions that allow students to be exposed to all disciplines of STEM
- Motivational speakers